Tuesday 17 May 2011

New timetable - is it working?

Unfortunately (?) I've had a few commitments over the last week or so that have prevented me from using Metro and gathering trip data.  After the terrible Metro start to May, this has been good for my sanity.

On the few trips that I have taken, the service has improved.  Trains have been less late, and the slight increase in frequency seems to have reduced over-crowding a touch.

It's still too early for me to draw conclusions.  I'd really like to hear about reader experiences (not just the Sandringham line) - so please submit comments!

I'll be back with a proper performance update later in the week.

I thought that it was only on trains that a few weird people considered it ok to file finger nails (gross) - but I witnessed this public transport sin on the tram last week.  I must email Ted B and ask him to make sure that the new train police take a hard line on anti-social nail filers.

The vague reference to state politics reminds me to comment on my relief that the New Street level crossing will finally be re-opened.  A big loss for the handful of New Street residents who have enjoyed a huge reduction in traffic whilst the gates have been 'temporarily closed', and a win for common sense and the vast majority of local residents who have been annoyed by the closure of a convenient route and the dangerous increase in traffic on Hampton Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment