Friday 6 May 2011

Metro - 78% of trains late so far in May 2011!

Yesterday I wrote that I couldn't believe that Metro's performance was getting even worse.  But the trend has continued.

My train this morning arrived at Flinders Street 18 minutes late.  This capped off a horrible week of Metro performance (and there has been a lack of bad weather to blame it on).

So far I have made 9 journeys with Metro in May - and 7 of them have been more than 5 minutes late.  In Metro performance terms, that's a punctuality performance of 22%! 

On average, my May journeys have been over 8 minutes late per trip.  The 5 morning trips that I made to the city ran a total of 52 minutes late - that's over 10 minutes per trip on average. 

I'm sure that my boss is secretly factoring my lateness into my next pay review.

In less than 5 working days, Metro has stolen almost 1 hour and 20 minutes from me, and hundreds of other commuters!


I've tried to report performance data dispassionately, but after this week, I'm not sure I can keep a level head much longer.  If this continues, future blog entries will be richer in abuse and ranting, if only to keep me sane.


How are you feeling about this? It would be good to get some feedback from other commuters.

1 comment:

  1. Things are most likely going to get alot worse before they get better if at all. Metro is currently further alienating its workforce with heavy handed bully tactics. Take the recent accusation of driver slow down for example. Mr Lezala made a public statement accusing the drivers of delibratly sabotaging the system, only to have the media to release today theyre increasing, yes increasing the running times on several lines because of the unrealistic travel times. at least 2 drivers have been assaulted since Mr Lezalas statement. And now we have this article http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/metro-dispute-may-mean-disruption-for-commuters-next-week/story-fn7x8me2-1226051319439 showing yet another driver has been stood down, this time over safety concerns... Seems safety of the employees and public isnt as important as theyre making it out to be

    ReplyDelete